|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|== Mail Setup, Common Information, Phonebook ==
The Web interface at https://mail.mpe.mpg.de/tpl allows you to:
* Change Forward, Password, Vacation Msg
* Edit Filter, Personal data
* List Mailing Lists
* Phone List
== Webmail ==
== Email Clients ==
* on campus or from outside, encrypted and user/password protected via ''ssmtp.mpe.mpg.de'' port ''587'' using ''StartTLS''
* alternatively on campus, encrypted via ''smtp.mpe.mpg.de'' port ''25'' using StartTLS
* outside campus if outgoing port 587, 25 and 465 are blocked by firewall use ssh tunnel. A detailed description can be found in MailSendSshTunnel
* secure IMAP via ''imaps.mpe.mpg.de'' port ''993'' using ''SSL''
=== Configuring E-Mail Clients ===
== Configuring Users Data ==
[[https://mail.mpe.mpg.de/tpl|UsersConfig]] (vacation, spam filter ...)
== Configuring Email Filters ==
== Locating and cleaning up Spam folders ==
If you get any message containing 'xxx mails found in Spam-/Trash-folders for yyy - please clean up' in the subject then proceed as follows:
* if you use a imap client as MS Outlook, Thunderbird etc. then locate the Spam/ Trash Folder in the mailer directory tree and delete the containing emails after inspection. In case of no doubt that all emails are spam don't worry to delete the complete folder. The folder is created automatically if needed.
* if you use a pop client downloading every email to you local host then you don't have access to the spam-folder first of all. In this case you should use the webmail interface to the MPE mailer via https://webmail.mpe.mpg.de. If you can't find the spam-folder in the directory tree then subscribe for this folder in the webmailer's folder menu. As stated above you can also delete the complete folder with the folder menu.
== Mailing Lists ==
MPE Mailer supports 2 different mailing list facilities:
0. MailMan: https://lists.mpe.mpg.de/
0. a facility based on database queries which is able to combine all possible attributes of the users database. A listing of these mailing lists including the included members is available with [[https://mail.mpe.mpg.de/tpl/?tpl=listlists]]. Generating and maintaining of these mailing lists can only be done by MPE mailing admins.
=== Contact ===
Rainer Sigl <firstname.lastname@example.org>